- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 8 oz (250 g) lo mein noodles, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
- 12 oz (340 g) Reuven Karaage, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp sambal oelek
Back to recipes
Stir-Fry Sauce: Stir together soy sauce, broth, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and sambal oelek; set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry broccoli and red pepper for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Add cabbage, half of the green onions and reserved sauce; cook for 2 minutes. Add noodles and toss to coat; cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
Divide noodle mixture among 4 bowls. Top with hot, cooked karaage and remaining green onions.
Tip: Use rice noodles, if desired, and garnish with toasted cashews or peanuts.
- Prep time 15 min
- Total time 25 min
- 4 servings